We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

toshiba m200 laptop wont load past toshiba screen.

masterf

Likes # 0

hi guys
what could ido my laptop is not loading past the toshiba screen.could i wipe the computer completely and reinstall windows xp ??
thanks

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Will it start in safe mode.Just keep tapping F8 as the computer starts.If so maybe a system restore or a last good configuration.

Like this post
masterf

Likes # 0

no it doesnt even give the option to choose safe mode.
but i will try tapping F8.

Like this post
cream.

Likes # 0

Press the tab key as it loads, this might change the toshiba screen to the post screen. It might give you a clue on why it is not booting.

If all fails you could opt for a windows repair.

Like this post
masterf

Likes # 0

hi,i have tryed pressin F8 and tab but none work :(

Like this post
masterf

Likes # 0

help needed

Like this post
masterf

Likes # 0

how do windows repair like CREAM said ??

Like this post
cream.

Likes # 0

move down the page click here

Follow it to the letter.

Like this post
masterf

Likes # 0

which letter mate

Like this post
gourmand

Likes # 0

If you have the original insallation disc, have you tried installing it? It should give you options for a system repair.
OR
If you have the original XP disc put it in and do not choose repair but "install windows" you will be given an option later to either re-format an perform a clean installation or install windows saving existing files and settings, try the latter option first.

Like this post
masterf

Likes # 0

i dont have any disc's mate :(

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad