We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Creative Connection Frustration!!

warthog01

Likes # 0

I’m trying to in vain connect my Creative Zen Touch to my PC (XP Pro). When I plug into USB, the USB connection doesn’t register—instead, the Zen turns on and starts playing music. I think this is the root of the problem, but I’ve tried all the suggested fixes (at least the ones I’ve picked up so far). The Zen is recognised in Device Manager—with an exclamation point (driver not loaded). According to the Zen menu, firmware version 2.11.01 is loaded. I’ve downloaded the firmware file from the ‘net to attempt an upgrade, but it won’t load (probably because it won’t soft connect). I’ve reset the unit numerous times but I’m just about out of ideas. Is there another driver I’m missing and if so, where can I access it? Other than that, has anyone out there had a similar experience?

Thanks

Like this post
^wave^

Likes # 0

you are not the only one with probs most seem to be driver issues try this
click here
look at second page

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

click here

Firmware
Creative Zen Touch PlaysForSure Firmware 2.11.01
Filesize : 2.46 MB

To install this firmware update:
1 - Download the ZenTouchP4S_PCFW_LB_2_11_01.exe file into your local hard disk.
2 - Connect your player to your computer.
3 - Double-click the firmware update file and follow the instructions on the screen.

While updating your player's firmware, you may be informed that an application is preventing the firmware update. Should this occur,
1 - Start Creative MediaSource.
2 - On the menu bar, click Tools -> Settings.
3 - Click the Detector tab.
4 - Click the Enable Detector checkbox to uncheck it.
5 - Restart your computer.
6 -Try updating the firmware again.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

These will...
click here

Like this post
warthog01

Likes # 0

Thanks, Graphicool

I've tried a dozen different fixes (from a dozen different forums) without success--I sent the support request email off this morning. Don't know how responsive Creative is to problems like this, but I'm completely out of ideas.

I tried the driver installation you suggested but got an error message telling me that "a service installation section in this INF is invalid." I don't really know what that means, but it didn't fix the problem.

Thanks for your help--fingers remain crossed!

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

From your silence on this matter, do we take it the situation has been resolved?? Or hanging in the balance?

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...