We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Merge Scanned Images into one file

strokebow

Likes # 0

Hi

I have scanned a document that was bound page by page.

I have a lot of individual files but I want them all to be one file.

eg) I want them all to be a seperate page of a pdf, if this is possible.

How can I do this?

Thanks!!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

What you need to do first, starting with first page you should run it through a OCR Optical Character Recognition Program then save the file. You will need to do this with them all. It will be a long winded job but the only way I can think of

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Woodchip's method is probably best but you could use a publishing program and paste each image on a new page and then export as a PDF. Serif PagePlus will allow you to do this.

Like this post
wancho

Likes # 0

You can do this using Ms Word. You need to create a master document and sub documents. Import each scanned page into word document as a sub document. At the end of the exercise you should have it in just the one file. Just as if you were writing a book with with all the different chapters as subdocuments within the main master document i.e the book itself. Look up documents and sub documents in the Word Help.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Yes but they are not text they are Images, What I have seen is that Word does not seem to like Images

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Not just that, but can you begin to try and Imagine how big the Doc would be loaded with all those Images. Text does not take much space up unlike Images

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

Would help.
The scanned pages are now JPEG's - Yes?
And they represent 1 JPEG = 1 Page Yes?

If Yes Yes you want to see them as one document as you would multi page in word. - Yes.

Then go to word - New Document - Import - Image -
and pop them in - sizing to to full page size as you go.

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

Then an image editor such as Irfanview will resize the images - at risk of losing definition however.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made