We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

best free system optimiser

pookie

Likes # 0

Hi

windows xp home with sp3.

I have kaspersky internet security 2009, use defraggler and ccleaner.

Are there any other free system optimser programmes, especially one which speeds up any broadband speed defaults settings, pc start up and shut down times etc?

Many thanks

P

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Yes ME, or you if you know what to do. Software can create as many problems as it sorts

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Winaso [free]click here

Like this post
ronalddonald

Likes # 0

try winaso i use it all the time and it can really speed up comp using the optimiser.

Like this post
pookie

Likes # 0

many thanks - any other recommendations or is winaso the best free there is?

Like this post
pookie

Likes # 0

hi

Although not free I have been looking at system mechanic 8 as an overall system speed up. I have read that it's changes to internet speed can be quite good. Has any one used it? any comments?

P

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

My experience, for what it counts, is don't use any 'optimisers', including Winaso as they don't work. Use a cleaning program such as Cleanup! or Ccleaner (that is also a reg cleaner), a defragger such as Auslogic or defraggler, run your security programs occasionally and another reg cleaner I recommend, after hearing about it here, is regfixVistaXp.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Winaso does not work on your computer.Must be one of the few computers that it does not work on.Works perfect for me.And much better than C Cleaner.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Bought the program and played around with it. Gained nothing that freebies do just as well. Free updates from emails and played around again. Conclusion was that it's crap for the money.
Happily uninstalled it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Why buy it when you could download the free version.I must admit you are about the only person that I know that does not like it.I suppose everyone has there own opinion of what is best. Was there anything in particular that you did not like about it.Im always looking for something new and better than what I use.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It works as a reg cleaner and originally thought it would be a good program. So I bought it and played around and found that I could do all it does with the freebies I had and I could 'optimise' Windows to my own satisfaction manually.
As it was taking drive space and not very useful I uninstalled it.
If memory serves me well didn't you post the original link for RegscrubVistaXp? Now that is an excellent free program and thanks for that. Apologies if you didn't though :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...