We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer Aspire One, dual monitors, how do I work it?

bengreenslade

Likes # 0

Hi,
I have a cable on my television which when I plug into an AV out socket the picture on the laptop is placed on the telly. Dual monitors basically.

Anyway I want to plug my Acer Aspire One into this cable so that I can see whatever is on the 9 inch screen on my LCD Television. Now I have plugged in the cable, but my television is telling me that no signal is being recived.

Can someone please tell me how to set up dual monitors on the Aspire one.

My model is running the basic Linpus Linux

Thanks
Ben

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I don't thing the Graphics adapter will support Dual Monitor on the Acer. You can check in Display Properties Under Adapter, this is in Control Panel

Like this post
vijovar

Likes # 0

old post but putting the info out there...

firstly make sure you press "Fn" +F5. If that does not wwork probably the display setting of your netbook has to be adjusted. Once that's done,,,still aint wporkin then maybe you're TV cant read this signal. Try to get a PC to TV adapter....can buy it for quite cheap

IF u got all that ready.

Then go into display settings (control panel) ...choose settings tab...click on advanced...then click on the tab on the top which should read "Intel Graphics accelerator card for mobile"....then click on "graphics properties".......and there you have the dual dosplay option....make sure you get the right driver for your aspire one from here

http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/drivers

hope that works

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses