We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson R220 Printer

halesy

Likes # 0

Hi,
I am having problem with my printer.
I get a message saying "parts in your printer are near the end of their service life".
Also I have 2 red lights flashing (ink and waste).
I have run SSC utility and it doesnt do anything.
Any ideas ?

TYIA

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Yes the printer as to be taken apart to clean the waste pads may need other service parts also. messy job not one I would like, as I only tried it once. it then as to be reset with the tool you used

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

This may save a lot of unnecessary worries in the future:

click here

Also consider using SSC Service Utility:

click here

Like this post
jakimo

Likes # 0

An Epson repair station will charge £80 for this service.

halesy has tried SSC to no effect

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

As all ready mentioned- a messy job -not for ther fient hearted.

Using the SSC utility- when the programs is installed you have to learn how to use it.
The desk top wind allow you to set the printer make/model.
Then go to the bootom task bar icon and RIGHT click to get the pop up menu -click on 'Reset counters'.
The machine can also be res set by holding down the
Wrror/Ink buttons- and switching thew machine off then on by doing so
Check out click here reset epson r220

With regarding changine the innk pad there is an easy fix - I done to both of my machines works a treat
[IMG]click here[/IMG]

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

The spell check decided to go on strike this morning.
A further detail to the waste ink collector.
At the back of the machine there is a small door.
Take out screw -remove door[I cut hole and replaced it - but it can be left off]
Inside to the left is the waste ink tube[perhaps buried under foam] a pair of tweezers to lift it out- try not to pull- other wise the ink pump end may come off - very messy - then proceed as illustration.

Like this post
halesy

Likes # 0

The printer is working fine again now.
I think I had the wrong model selected on SSC.

Thank You all for your posts and tips.

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

In time if you leave the situation ink will start pooling one paper track and spoil printouts.

Do have a go at the external catcher.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If it does require a Epson appointed agents service, then check the prices as it appears there are no set Epson service rates. I have been quoted £40/£60 for resolving the same problem, by two different agents for an Epson R220.

Like this post
pj123

Likes # 0

My local Epson Express Repair centre charges a flat fee of £15.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

bump as I have an epson R220, SSC came with the installation disc, have had the printer a couple of years so I asume the waste pads will soon need to be sorted, had no idea this could happen so thanks halesy for the post and to all others for help and suggestions

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad