We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Adobe Acrobat Professional - how to delete text?

stugra

Likes # 0

Going mad here!

I have to delete some text from an existing pdf file ready for the boss tomorrow. However, I do not know how to use the software! When I delete the line of text he wants me to remove, it strikes the text out.

How do I remove the text completely and resave the pdf file ready to give back to him tomorrow please??

Thanks.

Like this post
MAT ALAN

Likes # 0

TouchUp Text Tool

The main tool for editing text in Adobe Acrobat Professional is the TouchUp Text Tool. With this tool, the user can select an existing block of text and modify it before inserting it back into the document.

click here

text taken from link...

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

click here click on Editing a PDF file.

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

Snap !!

Like this post
stugra

Likes # 0

Thanks guys - but I do not understand how to delete the text - this justs marks it for deletion - how do I actually get it to disappear from the page?

Like this post
stugra

Likes # 0

Sorry - it might actually delete the text, but I was using the wrong toolbar - However - it now says:
"All or part of the selection has no available system font. You cannot add or delete text using the currently selected font."

Any ideas please?

Like this post
MAT ALAN

Likes # 0

click here

follow thread to "Using the Text Edit Toolbar"

Like this post
stugra

Likes # 0

Yes MAT ALAN, and the thread says:
Delete text Select the text to delete using the Text Edits tool, and press Delete or Backspace on the keyboard. You see the text crossed-out in the document

Crossed out but not deleted??

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

I have not edited a PDF myself, but I would guess that the crossed out text will not appear in the saved amended document.

Like this post
MAT ALAN

Likes # 0

Like this post
MAT ALAN

Likes # 0

Forgot, just watch!! it shows you exactly what you need to do...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad