We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ShellExecuteEx failed. code 267 - Help please.

ianeon

Likes # 0

Good morning - "Her indoors" has a Gateway notebook with Vista Home Premium which has worked satisfactorily until now - She tried to install Auslogic de-frag programme and RegVac but each time the install failed to start with the following message "ShellExecuteEx failed.code 267 The directory name is invalid" - A system restore to an earlier time failed to help - I tried to Google a solution but I couldn't find anything to relate - Can someone help please - Thank you - Ian

Like this post
leeyar

Likes # 0

I have the same problem. PC advisor please help with your expert knowledge of PC and laptops.
Thanks Mary

Like this post
futurist

Likes # 0

I am getting the same message every time i try to install software. Please help me!!

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

click here seems to be the only link that I can find on this error that makes any sense. I don't know how you are trying to install the programmes, personally I usually download them inti a file on onto the desktop and then launch them from there. If you haven't done so you might want to try this method.

Like this post
MsTechie

Likes # 0

Always check that the version of software you are installing is compatible with Vista, otherwise run in 'XP Compatibility Mode'

Like this post
Ditch999

Likes # 0

Try switching off UAC click here
Make sure you run the Setup programme as an Administrator. Right click on the setup.exe file and select Run As Administrator

Like this post
futurist

Likes # 0

thanks for the suggestions but they didn't work. the software is compatable and i tryed running it without UAC. i have also tryed running the installer from a cd but that gave the same results. any more ideas?

Like this post
futurist

Likes # 0

I feel a right prat. windown was blocking the file in propertys. all i had to do was click umblock and it worked fine. really sorry to trouble you all, and thanks for your responces

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...