We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

defrag - diskeeper or auslogics

pookie

Likes # 0

hi

windows xp home with sp2.

i have had diskeeper version 10 professional premier for several years. i paid for it. They have newer versions out and i know that my version may be behind when it comes to defrag technology.

i have read alot about auslogics disk defrag which is free and the current version has only been released a short time (ie may include current technology).

would you suggest that i use the new/free auslogics or the old/paid for diskeeper?

many thanks

P

Like this post
sunny staines

Likes # 0

go for free jk defrag

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

Backing up sunny staines recommendation read the guys home page:
click here
for my money (which is nowt as the program is open source and does not even require to be installed) he knows what he is talking about.

Like this post
maghemite

Likes # 0

Diskeeper 2008, would be my choice. I use it and really like it. It's got a lot of features, performs very well and is extremely convenient to use.

I've also tried Auslogics (rubbish) and JKdefrag (confusing), and there is no comparison. Diskeeper is a far superior product, especially if you are using (or will be using) it with Vista. You can check out the features of the new versions of Diskeeper at click here and download the free trial versions to make up your own mind.

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

I use the free version of Auslogics - does what it says on the tin.

Like this post
ianeon

Likes # 0

I agree with SUNNY STAINES jkdefrag is very good.
MAGHEMITE, I wonder if you would explain what you mean by "confusing" as jkdefrag doesn't need to be installed and is an automated "one click" operation. If you use jkdefrag in conjunction with a file defragger programme( free ) called DEFRAGGLER then you have the best combination in the world.

Like this post
kdt

Likes # 0

auslogics disk & registry defrag for me.

Like this post
flyboy

Likes # 0

Agree with sunny staines.

Like this post
ste76

Likes # 0

Auslogics is the best click here

Like this post
sunny staines

Likes # 0

i also use auslogics registry defrag and windows pagefile defrag.

not tried dk2008, but was not impressed with dk2007,iobit smart defrag or auslogics disk defrag.

Like this post
stylehurst

Likes # 0

Have a look at Raxco Perfect Disk, not free but very good

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen