We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do i send a folder using hotmail?

collinsc

Likes # 0

i need to send alot of documents using hotmail.
i cant find a way to send files, only individual documents.

Is this possible?

thanks

Like this post
peter99co

Likes # 0

If i right click on a folder in my documents the drop down says Send to right click then give Mail recipient. any good?

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

no, i know that wont work, cos it will open up outlook and outlook cant use hotmail... (perhaps it can if you pay for it, im not sure)

thanks for replying though

Like this post
Longhouse

Likes # 0

Zip?

Collect the documents you need to send in a new zip file and attach the single zip file.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Wy not just Zip the Docs then send with something like click here it as a free trial if you look at tabs at the top

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

Right-click on the Folder containing the docs, then go to Send to ... and then left-click on Compressed (Zipped) Folder.

The compressed Folder will then appear in your My Pictures folder. Compose your email in the normal way and then add the Compressed Folder (from My Pictures) as an Attachment to the email. Then Send as normal.

Like this post
Longhouse

Likes # 0

Should have added a link to some zip utilities

click here

Or I use this

click here

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

cheers guys

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

i tied "yousendit"- that too seems like you cant send a folder...

i tried zipping- but my HD wont allow it as supposedly i perhaps might not have enough space... which is not correct- well not on that drive anyway

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

Have you tried following my directions above?

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

Ooops - for My Pictures (above) ... read My Documents.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers