We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TV Connection wizard

Stuartli

Likes # 0

Occasionally there are threads asking for help with regard to connecting PVR, DVD players etc to an LCD or plasma TV.

One way of working it out is to use the TV connection wizard at:

click here

which offers suitable advice, but I'm not sure if it will work for non-Which? subscribers.

Perhaps someone in this position might care to try it out and advise?

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Yep, it works perfectly, I'm no longer with Which.

Like this post
Pamy

Likes # 0

Yes it works, I'm a none subcriber

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

Hi, I am not a Which subscriber, but I just ran the wizard out of curiosity - and yes, it did work ok, even to the extent of being able to Print the resulting connection diagram. I have Book-marked.

Thanks.

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

Thanks for the tests. Could save some people a lot of brow beating...:-)

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

Pity Which did not expand it a bit to include a PC and Video Processor/Audio Mixer - took me ages to work out that part!

LoL ......

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

Thanks for that Stuartli, just sent it on to my relations (one bro in law in particular) for their perusal.
Now all I need is a guide to " What channel do I select on my video/sky/DVD recorder ?" GRRRRR.

Like this post
pj123

Likes # 0

I tried it as well. It wouldn't let me connect a Freeview box and a Satellite box. Only one or the other?

Like this post
sinbads

Likes # 0

Ummm good link Stuarti, my HD flatsreen tv, has freeveiw built in and i need to connect a dvd recorder to it,not acheived that yet any ideas?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G3 release date, price, specs and new features 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

NAB 2014: Affordable 4K cameras, boundary-pushing plug-ins & drone domination