We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Inkjet photo paper for a laser printer?

kjrider

Likes # 0

Hi there

I have finall got rid of my nasty inkjet printers (Never will I buy another Lxxxxk printer).

My new Xerox colour Laser printer works fine. I have got some laser photo paper for it and it good.

I also have a good stock of inkjet photo paper. Whats the difference? Can I use inkjet photo paper on the colour laser printer?

KJR

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

No. Do not use inkjet photo paper on the colour laser printer. It will not print on the surface and will be smudgy. There are photo paper available for colour lasers. Staples sell them.

Like this post
pj123

Likes # 0

No, do not use inkjet gloss on a laser. The heat of the drum will melt the coating on the paper. Then no more laser printer!!!

Like this post
Totally-braindead

Likes # 0

I've read that using inkjet photo paper on a laser can damage the printer, I wouldn't risk it.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

Ask around your friends, someone will want injet paper. It's too expensive to waste.

Like this post
johntucker

Likes # 0

Hey everybody I just tried the inkjet papers which I got from freephotopaper and I should say that the prints were beautiful on both the gloss and satin.I highly recommend you to check out their product.If you want a inkjet paper which prints beautiful then you should probably go for this product.I suggest you order today itself.

click here

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

For a Laser printer ???

Like this post
Totally-braindead

Likes # 0

johntucker please read a thread before posting. I can only assume you haven't done so as using inkjet paper in a laser printer is dangerous. The website you link to is not even a UK company which makes me wonder if this is advertising.

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

....makes me wonder if this is advertising.

Hi, I was thinking exactly the same!

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

I bought a pack of Xerox Business paper from Lidl the other day (bargain for 500 A4 sheets at £2.99).

The pack states it's for laser, copier and inkjet use and safe with all printing technologies.

As Xerox is a highly regarded brand....:-)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I use the same paper for general printing on an inkjet and laser but I would not use inkjet photo paper with a laser.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more