We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with Epson Status Monitor 3

Dave1947

Likes # 0

My trusty old Epson Photo 790 died, so I purchased a new Epson Stylus D92.
Cleaned out all the old printer software, tried to install the new printer and promptly hit a major problem with the latest Staus Monitor software, which immediately hangs the system and locks everything up - only way out is a dirty reboot. Status Monitor 3 worked fine with the previous printer.
The Epson helpdesk first refered me to various Microsoft knowledge, none of which were related to the problem or my operating system, then blamed the Via chipset controller for the USB hub (which worked fine for the previous printer), then told me to take it back to the supplier to test. Not a lot of success likely from taking a printer back to a French supermarket (I live in France).
The problem process appears to be called E_FARNBZE.EXE.
syatem details:
ASRrock motherboard with twin Pentium 4 3gig processors, USB2, windowsXP Home SP2 and the VIA USB host controller rev 5.1
printer works with status monitor disabled, but obviously no monitoring of ink levels.
Can anybody help?
many thanks
Dave

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

a search on google shows you aint on your own alas no uk results only german .Looks as if its the 2 printer situation (I know you uninstalled) You could run a registry cleaner say CCleaner may just be an odd file somewhere

Like this post
roygbiv

Likes # 0

Same problem as ME.

NO INK LEVELS indicated in Status ????..Alan

Like this post
bikeriley

Likes # 0

I have just purchased an Epson D92 and sure enough it also has a status moniter that blocks everyting and can't be turned off. E_FARNBZE seems to be involved somehow but I'm not that great at doing anything with files and stuff to know how to resolve this problem. I have also looked at the German forum where this problem has been noted. Have sent details of this problem to Epson but they haven't responded. I assumed I could load the software and I would be able to print stuff. I was wrong. Any suggestions?

Like this post
Pesala

Likes # 0

IIRC you don't have to run the Status Monitor at all.

You can still print, though obviously you won't have any feedback about how much ink is left.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You could try downloading the latest Epson status moniter From Epson click here

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Also read this click here

Like this post
Dave1947

Likes # 0

Thanks for the thoughts, woodchip, but I've already downloaded the latest drivers, and I don't have win98SE or 2000. The status monitor software issued with the photo 790 printer worked fine on Win98, and an updated driver worked fine with XP. There is an obvious bug or incompatability problem in the monitor software written for the D92,which Epson are unable or unwilling to resolve. The only change to my system is the new printer, and I have no problems with another other peripheral, either new or old. To my simplistic mind, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. Also, having eliminated all probable answers, that which remains, however improbable, is the answer. Perhaps worth mentioning a bought my first (proper) computer 24 years ago.

Dave

Like this post
Dave1947

Likes # 0

ps but I still can't type very well!!

D

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Me Nether neither. I do it as it sounds

Like this post
Dave1947

Likes # 0

After much digging. the following has worked for me!!
Open printers & faxes from the settings button in the start menu
Right ckick on Epson D92 & select properties>printing preferences>maintenance>speed & progress
check
High speed copies
always spool RAW datatypePage rendereing mode
Print as bitmap

OK then selecet Monitoring preference
Check all.

E_FARNBZE.EXE puts 2 items in the startup menu, E_S81 and W_S33. These set up KKCU values in the registry to call exe commands, one of which is located in C:windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\E_FARNBZE.EXE\fu"c\windows\TEMP\E_S81.tmp"/EF"HKCU"
Note the temp file !!!! obviously the system will hang if you do like me and clear your temp files regularly. I'm going to send this little nugget to Epson & see what they say!!
Dave

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...