We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

RGB headset conversion to USB.

MIKE.

Likes # 0

My son who is living abroud is coming back to the UK next month. While abroud he bought himself a headset which has a RGB lead not a USB. My question is do modern laptops have a RGB input or is there a conversion kit to change an RGB connection to USB. Would his best long term bet be to buy a new headset with a USB lead. Thanks for any advice.

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

A headset will normally have a 3.5mm stereo jack plug for sound, plus one for a mike socket; the alternative, of course, is the USB version.

Like this post
MIKE.

Likes # 0

Thanks Totally-braindead and Stuartli. Yes I should have realised what Totally-braindead said about output to a monitor getting older and more daft. The bigest problem I have is not seeing the lead my son is talking about so cannot see what connections he has. Also thanks Stuartli for that address when my son gets home I will see what connectors are needed. Thanks again for all your help.

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

I think you may be referring to RCA phono plugs.

You can get RCA to 3.5mm jack plug adapters, but I very much doubt you'll find one to USB. See:

click here

click here

Like this post
Totally-braindead

Likes # 0

Or a TV but a display anyway, its nothing to do with USB.

Like this post
Totally-braindead

Likes # 0

I thought RGB was the output to a monitor for the colours etc.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia