We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Warning Sound. What is it?

Joy

Likes # 0

Help. Never heard of this problem before so hope someone has and knows the solution! I have a lot of Microsoft Office Access files. Never any bother with them before now. Every time I open one now a warning sound is made on my computer. Never heard this sound before. Turning the volume down makes no difference and it is a horrible noise. Have uninstalled Office and reinstalled it to no avail. It’s an ‘ee au, ee au’ sound (if you can understand this). Have virus checked and Adaware checked but nothing. Any ideas?

Like this post
starlet

Likes # 0

It sounds like the fan on your Processor has gone down or is going down when you are opening up a doc you are making the Processor work and it is getting hot look into replaceing the fan and you should be okay.

Starlet

Like this post
VoG II

Likes # 0

Start, Run, type

eventvwr

and click OK. Look for any errors corresponding to when you got this sound.

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

There will be other processes that will make the CPU work very much harder.

Like this post
Joy

Likes # 0

Typing eventvwr produced a lot of errors with the source as WSH which means what? One warning with the source Userenv. Any ideas? Will try a new fan if it continues. Thanks everyone

Like this post
VoG II

Likes # 0

Do these files contain macros (VBA code)?

Like this post
SANTOS7

Likes # 0

click here

click here

this is what they are, but how they would generate an error beep i'm not sure unless you have a corrupt file relating to this

Like this post
Joy

Likes # 0

The answer is definitely among this lot. Will have to study it in detail, if I can understand it. When virus checking the 'hosts' the noise was there too. All very revelant. thanks.

Like this post
Joy

Likes # 0

Thank you everybody. Will let you know when it is resolved, probably in 3 year's time when I have finished studying all the info from SANTOS7!

Like this post
Joy

Likes # 0

Still have not found the answer to this problem! Don't think I ever will.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I would think it's a Macro Virus. And is being picked up as such by your AV

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)