We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Convert a magazine to PDF for distribution on CD

Pusherman

Likes # 0

I have a friend who is the editor of a magazine and he has asked me about converting past issues to pdf file and burning them to CD and selling them, In the same way that PCAdvisor compile and sell their issue archive. My question is, how do PCAdvisor convert their magazine to PDF and compile them to CD for distribution?

I hope that I'm not asking for any trade secrets to be revealed ;)

Any and all help appreciated.
Pusherman

Like this post
Pusherman

Likes # 0

I thought about scanning in each page but in order for the image to be viewable on screen the resolution needed to be far too big. Then I looked at one of the issue archives of PCA and noticed that one pdf document for each page was tiny in comparison. I just wondered how they did it.

I'll try and find out format their source document is in.

Cheers

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

What format is the current magazine in? Wordperhaps? There are several free pdf converters. For our society newsletters I use click here

It should be fairly easy to create a CD with foldes for the newsletters. Try to name he files in a logical format so that they appear in chronological order though For example "200601 Jan 06" "200602 Feb 06" etc

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...