We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

RegScrubXP, unable to update

anniesboy68

Likes # 0

For some reason or another RegScrubXP will not update via the internet. Says internet access unavailable. Firewall is set to allow and all other programs connect. As this is a freebie is it set not to update. Any ideas?? This is despite three installs.

Like this post
MIke

Likes # 0

I got regscrubxp, but can't see how you update it. If you tell me how I'll try my version

Like this post
Lionheart?

Likes # 0

Same problem as MIke, can't see how you update it.

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Go to Misc on the right hand side next to help, and then update is on the left at the top

Like this post
MIke

Likes # 0

I'm using version 3.25, not sure if yours is the same, on clicking misc I'm taken to another window that allows you to alter some of the settings eg allow updating of time via net daily instead of weekly, disable cdrom autorun,change system font amongst other options. The only button on this window is one marked XP Tips and Tweaks which brings up yet another window with, as it says tips and tweaks. There is no update button as such.

Are you using a different version to Lionheart and myself?

Mike

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Using 3.1 will update and report back cheers

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Mike.....Unable to find v 3.25, only earlier versions. Have you the web address or could you possible send it to me please. Its still free I believe.

Like this post
VoG II

Likes # 0

Like this post
MIke

Likes # 0

I see VoG beat me to it. I got my copy off a coverdisc anyway not by download.

The link I have is click here
but appears broken at the moment

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer