We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Accidentally deleted digital camera photos

M Healy

Likes # 0

Could someone please advise me about whether it is possible to retreive photos (my sisters wedding!) accidentally deleted from a Compact Flash memory card? I know that when you delete files from your computer hard drive it doesn't physically delete them until they are actually written over at a future date. Does this also apply to camera memory cards which the computer reads as a hard disk?

Like this post
JIM

Likes # 0

Try contacting your card's manufacturer for help,this was the response from some lucky person.

"I got an email answer from Lexar Media today. They said "We received the card on 08/05. We recovered the images for you and put it back in the card. Will send the flash card back to you tomorrow."

Like this post
Elyvate

Likes # 0

I haven't had the misfortune of accidently deleting pictures off my digital camera but I have stumbled upon a program that is able to restore pics from various forms of media. Its called PC Inspector Smart Recovery, I dont have a link but put it in a search engine and you'll find it or search the cnet downloads for it.
I'm not sure if it handles Compact Flash but its worth a try, and remember dont write over the card with other pics otherwise you wont be able to recover them.

Like this post
JIM

Likes # 0

Like this post
M Healy

Likes # 0

I will give this download program a try and post back. Thanks

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Get Campicrestor if you cannot find it then e-mail me and i will send

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers