Zoom 4506 Travel Router connection problem

pidgeypony 16:01 28 May 13

Hi. I am a real technophobe, so please excuse an ignorant question. Answers in plain and simple English please! Thank you so much.

So, my problem is about connecting the Zoom Travel Router model 4506 to laptops and netbooks using Windows 7.

On advice, I bought this router to connect a wi-fi dongle to a Kindle Fire HD. Not appropriate. Still, I decided to try it with both my laptop and netbook, using a Wi-fi dongle. After help from computer shops, nobody could connect. I searched for ages on the Zoomtel website, and finally discovered this router has issues with Windows 7. Connecting asks for a for a pass key, but Zoom does not have any requirement or keys for this model. They give a solution, but how they advise to bypass this request, simply does not exist. I am at a loss, and currently have an expensive router that I cannot use.

Any help and advice would be so gratefully received. Apologies for the long post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…