Zone Alarm and Windows 7

Paulrw58 24 Nov 09

Hi, have been using the free Zone Alarm software on my Windows XP PC happily for a while now. Just bought an Advent Notebook which is running Windows 7. When I try to download and install Zone Alarm I get a messsage telling me that I need to install Windows Service Pack 1, however, when I look at that it tells me it is for Wimdows Vista. Don't know whether I should risk downloading it or not.

Anyone any ideas?? Thanks

Paul

User-1229748 24 Nov 09

no don't get trying to install vista's sp1 :o( zone alarm is not compatible with windows 7 but the windows 7 firewall is good enough.

User-1229748 24 Nov 09

if you want you can add this to itclick here

gardener 25 Nov 09

Zone Alarm Pro (the paid-for version) is compatible with Windows 7 but I don't think the free version is.

Paulrw58 25 Nov 09

Smackheadz/gardener, Thanks for your responses

Paul

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message