Zone Alarm for Vista

LinH 19:19 04 Jul 07

Zone Alarm for Vista is now available. Have just downloaded and installed it and it works fine.

If this is old news I apologise.

LinH

Input Overload 21:04 04 Jul 07

Still waiting for Zone Alarm Pro which isn't ready yet.

Dipso 21:46 04 Jul 07

Thanks for the heads up.

Python33 15:03 05 Jul 07

Linh
Found that out last night myself. now installed & after a compatbility problem with Norton firewall all working great (norton finally deleted) its good to have Zonealarm back on my system.

rawprawn 17:20 06 Jul 07

Do we really need Zone Alarm with Vista,the new firewall is much mre effective than XP

skidzy 18:05 06 Jul 07

I agree with Rawprawn,Vista's firewall serves me fine also.
Though i do use ZA on my xp machines with no complaints.

Dipso 22:28 06 Jul 07

I confess that I don't understand how to correctly configure the outbound part of the Vista firewall, ZA makes things easier.

Head hurts 16:37 07 Jul 07

I agree with Dipso cannot get to grips with making vista firewall tell me which programmes want to access out from my side of the firewall, there is an excellent little programme that links into vista and gives a pop up message asking for authorisation to allow programmes access out from my pc this is called 'vista firewall control setup-i386 which is free download from pc world site. unfortunately it clashed with winaso so i have to decide which to keep.

Dipso 17:57 07 Jul 07

I will check that program out, thanks!

Head hurts 17:58 07 Jul 07

OOPS' too late lets see what firewalls do know

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…