Zemana anti-logger - frozen Kb & mouse

tunneller2001 16:25 09 Mar 15

I have a Medion laptop with windows 7 and have had Zemana anti-logger (free)installed for about 6 months. Last November I booted to the desktop to find a message box saying that "Zemana anti-logger" had updated and would I like to reboot the computer for it to take effect. Problem was that the kbd & mouse were disabled. I tried to boot in safe mode but they were still disabled. In the end I either recovered from a previous System restore or I renamed the Zemana anti-logger .exe file so that it didn't run on startup - can't remember which. On Friday exactly the same thing happened again. I recovered from the previous Sys Restore - same problem. I renamed the .exe file - same problem apart from the message box disappearing. I use Hirens boot CD to make the changes. I can recover my data onto a thumb drive and install from scratch but would prefer to fix the issue by enabling the kbd & mouse as everything else appears to run as normal in the background. Could it just be a flag set somewhere that disables the kbd etc or something else? Any ideas where I could look would be most welcome.. Zemana anti-logger is also installed on my PC (Windows XP) and has never caused a problem (Touch wood!)

tunneller2001 11:37 10 Mar 15

Only problem is, Jock1e that the keyboard and mouse are disabled. I have actually gone in and deleted the exe file and all that's done is to remove the text message asking if I want to reboot; the kbd & mouse are still disabled.

tunneller2001 20:38 12 Mar 15

Yep, I tried that to no avail. Zemana are "looking into it for me"

tunneller2001 13:29 17 Mar 15

To end the story - I managed at the third attempt to use a USB mouse and when I checked the keyboard and touchpad drivers they both had yellow exclamations so I reloaded both but it made no difference. I also removed anti-logger at this point. The next day I switched on to check further and to my surprise everything worked fine! Guess the moral of that is don't install antikey-logger :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017