WZCSLDR.exe

Belfix 09:44 05 Nov 07

On boot the following message is being displayed
WZCSLDR2.exe - entry point not found...The procedure entry point apsinitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll".

Any ideas guys?

anskyber 09:52 05 Nov 07

Are you using a D Link router? it looks like a network error. If so are there any updates for the system you use?

Belfix 10:26 05 Nov 07

hi anskyber
this equipment is my step-daughters..yes it is a dlink dl-524.where can she get the updates..it does however connect to the net ok, if i just press ok on the error message

anskyber 10:48 05 Nov 07

Hmm. well updates can be obtained from click here== and it would be worth checking to see if the current version is the latest, one of the FAQs tells you how on the link.

This error message is very similar to another which was common for BT broadband users when they upgraded to Vista, in effect a companion program not really directly associated with the internet connection itself was not Vista compatible. It could be a simliar Dlink program is the culprit here.

Given that the BB os working OK it's a bit of a trade off between losing the error message and risking a firmware update.

Ashrich 19:15 05 Nov 07

I take it the Vista laptop doesn't have built in wireless then ,( odd , as just about every one does nowadays ), is that why you are using a D-Link adapter as this seems to be an adapter problem rather than a router one ?

Ashley

Belfix 09:33 06 Nov 07

Hi Ashrich
She also has a XP desktop attached via a lan cable to the router, so yes the laptop is "wireless". It is only the laptop that has this problem. Thinking about when the problem started to occur, was after she had installed Ad Adaware 7 - I wonder????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…