Wrong task manager windows 8

Keltic37 13:58 18 Oct 13

Since installing windows 8 pro 64 bit task manager appears to be that of windows 7 or windows server 2012, i.e. it doesn't have a front end (few details) or a startup tab.

chub_tor 16:09 18 Oct 13

Do you have a View tool at the top of Task Manager? If so you could try this... open task manager, and under the menu item VIEW, click on UPDATE SPEED, and change from PAUSED to NORMAL.

Keltic37 20:24 18 Oct 13

Many thanks for your interest but it is already set to normal

rdave13 21:20 18 Oct 13

I'm puzzled by this and I can only think the upgrade wasn't complete. All I can think of is to run the system file checker to see if it will restore the registry to Win 8 taskmanager.

Right click the start icon bottom left on the desktop, select command prompt (administrator), and type (or copy and paste) sfc/scannow let it run. If it shows that it has corrected something then I'd run it again. Reboot and check TM again.

Keltic37 09:54 19 Oct 13

Thanks for your suggestions. What I have done so far: Refresh windows 8 File system check Installed windows 8.1

All with no change

Secret-Squirrel 11:54 19 Oct 13

".........it doesn't have a front end (few details) or a startup tab."

That sounds very odd - it'd be really helpful if you could post a screenshot.

Keltic37 14:15 19 Oct 13

When I press ctr+shift+esc this is what comes up snapshot of task manager

rdave13 16:11 19 Oct 13

Your image isn't available to the public.

rdave13 16:13 19 Oct 13

I assume you click on the more details link.

Keltic37 16:41 19 Oct 13

correct it should open click here first image shows the help page, the second is the page when I open task manager

The

Keltic37 16:46 19 Oct 13

Sorry, no click on snapshot of task manager

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…