Word 2007 List

Chas49 08:04 04 Aug 10

I have Win 7 as my OS and use Word in Office 2007. I have an icon on the left side of the taskbar(?) whixh, when right clicked brings up a list of the programs which have been opened and which, if clicked get those programs on screen.

The problem is that this list of programs is enormous.

Does anyone know where I can find this list using Explorer or is there a quick method of emptying the list?

gengiscant 10:31 04 Aug 10

Which icon is it? Do you mean the large button top left,which shows what docs you have opened recently?

gengiscant 10:33 04 Aug 10

Meant to add this if it was.click here

Chas49 11:18 04 Aug 10

gengiscant:

Got it in one - thanks very much.

Chas49 12:45 04 Aug 10

Unfortunately, setting the number of recent docs to zero has had no effect. There must be hundreds of files listed and as fast as I remove them the list continues to scroll up with more!

Tried the registry method and although File MRU is listed there are no entries by it. The Excel File MRU did have entries - I removed them but the list remains the same - curious!

gengiscant 17:21 04 Aug 10

I am also puzzled as to how they can remain if you have removed the MRU reg entries.

Chas49 20:10 04 Aug 10

gengiscant:

I had, as you know, deleted the items in Word MRU previously with no effect on thos items. I did then actually remove all the items by laborously removing them one by one.

I had to go out so the computer was switched off. On return I switched on and got the black screen saying that there was a problem and giving twp options to repair etc. The System Restore was invoked during this procedure and, when I looked in WORD MRU the list was back. However, on clicking the Word Icon on the Taskbar the list was NOT there.

I had a look at the Excel MRU and deleted the list in there, clicking on the Excel Icon on the taskbar showed the list hadn't been removed - so it looks as if I shall have to repeat the olne by one procedure for this too. I had rebooted the computer before rechecking the Excel MRU - the list wasn't there but it was under the Icon!

A bug in Office or Win 7 perhaps.

gengiscant 10:45 05 Aug 10

Might be worth reinstalling office as I do not have the same problem and I am running Windows & and a copy of Office 2007.
Strange indeed.
But I might add that Windows 7 does not seem to be quite as problem free as some would have us believe.
Seems to me that at times I just need to look at it and its throwing up some obscure error or another.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5