Wlan Autoconfig problem, maybe more?

Frikkie 22:24 04 Feb 08

I have the same problem, wlan autoconfig has stopped working. But there seems more, RAM runs at 90%. Machine is slow. 3G Mobile Connect stopped working. I can load XP, bur no disc with this laptop! I dont even know where to start reloading Vista?

Ashrich 14:00 05 Feb 08

Ram runs at 90% of what ? Did you buy this new , with an instruction booklet ? If you didn't get a disk with this laptop ( make and model ?) then there is probably a section on the hard disk that contains an image file of Vista , and there will be a keystroke combination that will allow you to reload , it will be in the instructions .

Ashley

Frikkie 16:17 05 Feb 08

Thanks Ashley,

None of the instructions worked (the machine wouldnt respond). I couldnt access the system restore wizard in vista. There was indeed an image on partition D, I eventually reloaded vista from CD. The RAM was running at 90% of it potential (2GB). It is an HP Pavillion dv 6000.

Ashrich 17:27 06 Feb 08

The ram in Vista is distributed around the PC , a lot of it is used to bolster the graphics card , if you add up the available with what is being used by programs , the fancy background and graphics it all adds up to the correct amount , glad you got it sorted though !! .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5