Windows.old Wont Delete

Input Overload 17:34 08 Feb 07

I have a folder in my Vista C:\ which is called ‘Windows.old’ & it's about 250 meg in size and contains my old system files. It obviously doesn’t want to be deleted as it re-creates itself on attempting removal. I suspect it may be removed via the Windows Disk Clean program but this is the only part of Vista that won’t load & only when attempting to clean C:\. Ay ideas, I tried fiddling with taking ownership of the folder to no avail.

bapiow 18:35 08 Feb 07

Deleted my winxp old files form Vista c:\ ok.
Was given warnings when deleting telling me that some files would not work if I continued, but seeing as they were old winxp files I carried on regardless. I let Vista save the old xp just in case Vista went pair shape. 7 days on Vista seems to be working ok .

Input Overload 23:48 08 Feb 07

Bumping

Fateful Shadow 14:22 09 Feb 07

There is also an option (I've heard) in Disk Cleanup to get rid of old files, specifically the 'Windows.old' folder.

I haven't tried it myself, as I've been gradually geting rid of everything manually, but I'll probably end up doing that in the next few days.

Hope this helps =]

Input Overload 16:16 09 Feb 07

Thanks for the replies, I'll give them a whirl :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced