windows.old folder safe to delete?

QinesiQ 20:47 30 Mar 07

hi

is the windows.old folder safe to delete/move to a different hd after installing vista?

I seem to remember someone saying it was but i just wanted to check.

i've backed up, backed up and then backed up some more so i was just wanting to create space.

oh, and is there any special way i should delete it or can i just either delete or move whole folder to a spare hdd (& thereby deleting in the process)?

ta

anskyber 23:12 30 Mar 07

I have read that the answer is yes. I do not have a storage problem so I have left mine. Are you really so short of storage?

Forum Editor 00:58 31 Mar 07

once you have made sure that your Vista installation is running smoothly, that your installed software is OK, and that your hardware devices are all working.

QinesiQ 12:53 31 Mar 07

Hi anskyber & FE and thank you for your quick answers. The upgrade seems to be working very well so far apart from my wifi connection keeps dropping out – a problem which I’ll search for answers here.
I am actually not that short on space I just thought that every little would help but considering that the family lappy is only used as a glorified type-writer and surfing and I have minimal stuff installed on its 100gb hd then I most likely don’t need to remove it.
I’ll leave it alone for now – if it ain’t broke…

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video