windows7 update problems

rafman7 24 Mar 13

Can anyone help please ? My Sony laptop has developed a fault Windows Updates fail Have tried everything - but all attempts to fix fail. Have looked on-line - there is a REGCURE fix - but don't know if this is reliable or not Cheers RAFMAN7

jamieamunra 25 Mar 13

Try the windows update fixit tool from Microsoft, if that fails try installing the update manually

rafman7 26 Mar 13

Thanks to those who answered my call for help with windows update RAFMAN7

3yore 29 Mar 13

Had this problem on my daughters HP Pavilion for 3 months, couldn't install all updates and then could not configure those it had installed and telling me I had the same updates awaiting when I logged on. Tried most things I found on the internet including windows fix it, none worked and I was almost at the stage of returning to factory settings, but decided to try one last thind and finally cracked it today, ran Chkdsk from the Run command, took about three hours but found some bad clusters which it then fixed and on restarting, all the updates sailed through. Not sure if this is the answer to your problem, but worth a try and no re-installation required.

T I M B O 30 Mar 13

Download & Install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5

Then reboot and try your updates again.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message