windows xp pro can't get to set up with my existing virgin hub.

col064 01:13 AM 04 Feb 12
Answered

Have main computer win 7 and works fine with virgin hub. Have aquired second computer running xp pro and won't set up with hub. Keeps trying dial up and failing to recognise connection to hub.

difarn 08:19 AM 04 Feb 12
Answer

I assume that you are trying to set up a wireless connection? First of all have you followed the instructions as per this Virgin hub article?

col064 09:48 AM 04 Feb 12

I have been attempting a wired connection as unsure about wireless and how secure it is. Basically using same type of connection as main computer to hub which has four sockets.

difarn 10:28 AM 04 Feb 12

If you want an ethernet connection have you checked that the ethernet adaptor of the xp machine is up to date - go into device manager and right click on it when you will see the option to update driver.

mgmcc 09:13 AM 05 Feb 12

"Keeps trying dial up and failing to recognise connection to hub"

Go into "Control Panel > Internet Options", select the Connections tab and ensure the option Never dial a connection is selected. If there are any dialup connections configured which will never be required again, you should delete them.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites