windows xp pro can't get to set up with my existing virgin hub.

col064 04 Feb 12
Answered

Have main computer win 7 and works fine with virgin hub. Have aquired second computer running xp pro and won't set up with hub. Keeps trying dial up and failing to recognise connection to hub.

difarn 04 Feb 12
Answer

I assume that you are trying to set up a wireless connection? First of all have you followed the instructions as per this Virgin hub article?

col064 04 Feb 12

I have been attempting a wired connection as unsure about wireless and how secure it is. Basically using same type of connection as main computer to hub which has four sockets.

difarn 04 Feb 12

If you want an ethernet connection have you checked that the ethernet adaptor of the xp machine is up to date - go into device manager and right click on it when you will see the option to update driver.

mgmcc 05 Feb 12

"Keeps trying dial up and failing to recognise connection to hub"

Go into "Control Panel > Internet Options", select the Connections tab and ensure the option Never dial a connection is selected. If there are any dialup connections configured which will never be required again, you should delete them.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message