Windows XP Mode in Windows Widows 8.1

theonlygoldenboy 10:53 10 May 15

I have recently upgraded to a new PC with Windows 8.1. I have a program that would not install, so I have installed Virtual Box and have Windows XP now running. I have installed the program OK and it's now running. However I have to activate the XP I have the activation code from my old PC but this is not accepted. To date I have been unable to connect XP mode to the internet directly but XP has been updated obviously via the internet some how. Can I activate my XP with my old code and how? Any help would be gratefully received.

rdave13 12:01 10 May 15

If XP came with the old PC then it will be an OEM version. That means it is tied to the old PC and wont activate on any other.

To try to install the program in compatibility mode in Win 8, right click and select 'troubleshoot compatibility', let the wizard run and select the bottom option, Troubleshoot program, once a new box opens, select 'The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now'.

robin_x 18:31 10 May 15

What is the non-functioning old program? There may be other workarounds.

Also see VMware Player Free for another 30 days are also google xp rearm (may or may not work)

robin_x 18:32 10 May 15

Also see VMware Player Free for another 30 days.

Also google xp rearm (may or may not work)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced