Windows Vista Upgrade HELP!!

dave726587 14:46 05 Nov 06

If i buy windows vista home premium edition and install it on my current computer can i install it on another computer if i remove vista off my current computer?
thanks

anskyber 14:47 05 Nov 06

If it is areail version then yes.click here

anskyber 14:48 05 Nov 06

retail!! not reail

Totally-braindead 17:45 05 Nov 06

If you'd asked that question last week the answer would probably have been no, but Microsoft have changed the licensing rules so you can now do this. But as anskyber has pointed out it would have to be the full version. OEM versions which are installed on a PC will I presume be the same as XP is now, that is it dies with the PC as is not transferable.

josie mayhem 00:31 07 Nov 06

Can I throw spanner in the works now?

If you buy XP or Vista as OEM will it die?

What I mean is; if you buy the OEM with say a hard-drive and when you rebuild your computer you retaine the hard-drive that you brought does this die? after all the OEM copy is linked to the hard drive?

I wonder if you buy a floopy drive, and has long as you are putting in the floopy drive to any computer you are building would this still count and stop the OEM licence dieing?

anskyber 08:46 07 Nov 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…