Windows Vista trying to purchase full Disc

MIKE. 17:04 PM 03 Jan 12

I am trying to purchase a full copy of Windows Vista home premium, Microsoft say on their website they do not sell Vista Disc's any more.I have looked on Ebay and Amazon they only seem to have upgrades. To be honest I do not trust most sites I see on line. I really need a full version as I want to do a repair does anyone have any ideas I hope.

tullie 17:41 PM 03 Jan 12

I believe that ive seen full version on Amazon recently.

difarn 17:55 PM 03 Jan 12

Had a quick look on Amazon and it says that they do the full version.

If your PC came with Vista installed it may be that a recover partition has been created. Have a look at this article - it may have the answer.

MIKE. 19:56 PM 03 Jan 12

Many thanks guys for all your help.I really do not want to go back to factory settings with lost data etc. What has happened I did a microsoft update about a month ago and the PC goes to close down to finish the update then hangs.I close the PC down manualy which tells me on reboot windows did not close correctly and to start windows normaly and we end in a cycle. The full Vista disc would allow me to do a windows repair and not have to reload windows. Again thanks!!!!

difarn 21:21 PM 03 Jan 12

When you go to the partition you are given options to either do a complete restore to factory settings or do a repair and save data. Have a look at this article which gives a link to a site where you may be able to download a repair disk - although I have not done this. I have actually seen this site mentioned in several blogs.

difarn 21:24 PM 03 Jan 12

Sorry - forgot the link - here it is.

difarn 22:04 PM 03 Jan 12

Another option is to borrow one and use your own product number. If you do not know this you could download a programme called BELARC where you will see all of the software licences you have on your PC. Make sure you just download the free one - as usual be careful that you uncheck any boxes to install toolbars etc you do not need.

sharpamat 08:27 AM 05 Jan 12

You can obtain a full version of Vista free from here

http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/57-windows-vista-direct-download-links

This is an offical microsoft download site only some versions of Vista are available.so ensure you get the correct one.

Your preloaded version was no doubt OEM so its unlikeley your product key will work on a clean install

onthelimit1 09:33 AM 05 Jan 12

If you're having trouble with update, have you installed rapport Trusteer from your bank? I've now seen 5 Vista machines where this prog was screwing the updates in various ways. If you have, i suggest you uninstall it and try again.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…