Windows Vista RC2 available for download, quick

Jimmy14 00:42 07 Oct 06

Hope everyone enjoys it and is what they expected. Here is the link to start downloading Vista RC2 and be quick because its only on for a limited amount of time,
click here

James

Forum Editor 07:54 07 Oct 06

that you will NOT be able to upgrade to the final version of Vista from this Release candidate.

Unless you have a specific reason for downloading this beta version my advice is to wait for the launch of the fnal version - it's not that long to wait, and the RC1 release is very stable.

sunny staines 12:56 07 Oct 06

down loading as i type thanks for the link.do i delete & reformat vista rc1 partition or just update over the top once i have burnt it to a dvd.

Jimmy14 13:08 07 Oct 06

I recommend formatting the drive you currently have RC1 on and do a clean install of RC2. That is what I have done last night. I chose the upgrade option from 5600 to 5728 and it wasn't worth it because some of my programs were corrupt and so on so clean install sounds the best option. Enjoy it,

James

sunny staines 13:52 07 Oct 06

james
thanks
I hope rc2 irons out a few probs i had with rc1 wich marred the good points, but thats all part of beta testing i suppose.

dave726587 19:13 07 Oct 06

gives me an error when trying to download. Anyone else getting this?

sunny staines 20:37 07 Oct 06

Unable to reformat my vista drive put a thread in the help forum on this problem, vista updated over RC1 ok AVAST antivirus seems be be accept ok with any problems now, install took longer this time, my liton dvdrw drive still not liked by vista, graphics in the vista games distorted especially minesweeper. so far not noticed much difference but i'm a novice at this beta stuff.

sunny staines 20:40 07 Oct 06

Curious as to how you formatted your vista drive as i tried several ways without any joy, the install process shows no visable format option.
click here

Jimmy14 20:50 07 Oct 06

sorry to hear that you cannot get it working. I formatted my vista drive (partition) by right clicking it in my computer on xp and clicking te format option. I don't know if you mean you have only vista installed on 1 machine so elaborate please?

sunny staines 21:02 07 Oct 06

jimmy14

on dual boot with xp pro

sunny staines 21:08 07 Oct 06

jimmy14
xp does not like to formate system partitions on my machine. RC2 installed ok over RC1.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…