windows Vista "Unidentified Network" and"Local access only"

lockie7 18:54 PM 13 Apr 13

I am being driven crazy, PLLLLEEESSSEE Help. My laptop, running Windows vista Basic, shows that it is connected to the internet with Excellent signal strength both wireless and ethernet. However it says "Unidentified Network" and "Access: Local Only" and is not really connected to the internet. My Tower computer (on Windows XP) is connected, that is what I am using now. My MAC IPad is connected fine. I recently changed my Router to TP-LINK through my local provider (Don't want to call him out to fix it as it will cost me an automatic 50 Euros). I live in Spain. I have tried all sorts eg disabling IvP6 etc but no internet. Can anyone out there please help me.

Thanks, Jim

matt2000 16:54 PM 20 Apr 13

Are you using a VPN program? That sometimes makes the pc say local only. Can you open websites in IE or connect to the xp computer by tiping \computername in the adress bar. If you can don't worry. If not in routers web interface disable MAC address filtering.

matt2000 16:56 PM 20 Apr 13

Forgot to say. If using netgear router go to in IE to get into web interface

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11