Windows Vista and Live messenger

LAPTOPBABE 17:02 11 Feb 07

I have just set up my aunts computer which has Vista premium installed and everything was ok until I loaded windows live messenger for her. It loaded ok but when i came to sign on for her it said something about this programme is not allowed and to rectify this you should go to 'system' and make this programme an allowed one. I did what it said exxactly and it said that it was not possible to allow this programme. Unfortunately I left their house very late last night and didn't write it down what this security thing was and they live 120 miles away, but i thought you guys might know what I am on about.

LAPTOPBABE 22:36 12 Feb 07

i AM SORRY BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOY ARE ON ABOUT. WHERE DO I TYPE THIS AND WHY TURN IT BACK ON IF IT WORKS WHEN I TURN IT OFF. I AM A NOVICE WHEN IT COMES TO VISTA AND ALMOST A NOVICE ON ANYTHING ELSE SO YOU WILL HAVE TO BE MORE SPECIFIC AS TO WHAT I SHOULD DO. BEARING IN MIND I WILL HAVE TO TRANSPOSE THIS TO MY AUNT AND UNCLE OVER THE PHONE AND THEY ARE REAL NOVICES. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANYMORE HELP.

darien3871 15:08 15 Feb 07

goto start

run

then type what the experts said

then install windows live messenger.

the start run etc again and type what they put..

help this is more clear

Kate B 17:03 15 Feb 07

*sticks fingers in ears* Please don't post in all capitals - it's like shouting!

LAPTOPBABE 23:27 15 Feb 07

Hi sorry about the caqps, no intent meqant I just happened to have caps pressed. I will try this when I get chance, but it sounds like I will need to go over to there house and I don't know when that will be. Cheers for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now