Windows Vista fate

zarobian 03 Aug 09

In this forum my post dated 8/5/07 I wrote as under:-
"Will Vista meet the same fate as ME?"
Some of the members came very strong against it. What they now think about it in the light of Windows 7 launch?

Forum Editor 03 Aug 09

from Speakers Corner.

zarobian 03 Aug 09

Thanks for that.

OTT_Buzzard 04 Aug 09

Unlike ME, I can't see users migrating in their millions from Vista to W7 for reasons other than wanting to upgrade.

Vista is, with the exception of a very small number of very highly publicised failings, a good operating system.

I suspect the real key for W7 will be attracting XP users.....if their hardware can handle it. That's a familiar sounding scenario!

Pine Man 04 Aug 09

I agree Vista is very good indeed but I fall into your category of 'wanting to upgrade'. Made all the easier by the excellent pre-order price and, unbelievingly, that it is actually better than Vista!

zarobian 04 Aug 09

Vista is no doubt a good os but people like innovations.

Strawballs 04 Aug 09

will be attracting XP users.....if their hardware can handle it.

I am running Win7 on a 5yr old PC with a Sempron 2200+ and at first 750meg of ram which was a bit sluggish but it did it, I can't see it handle Vista like that. It now has a further 512meg of ram which did help.

Zeppelyn 05 Aug 09

I dont see any great innovation or must have feature in Win 7 to persuade me to upgrade from Vista. I custom build so only buy a retail copy of OS but if Win 7 comes with next laptop I buy then fair enough.

orienne21 11 Aug 09

Have used Vista for about six months now and I really like it.
I have ordered a copy of Windows 7 but will not be replacing Vista as yet. I'll probably continue with duel boot, as I am doing at the moment with the release candidate.

mooly 13 Aug 09

Vista is an excellent OS by and large IMO.
Yes everyone whinged at the start... can't say I had any major issues though.
W7 is based on Vista isn't it ? Should be perfect then :)

GaT7 14 Aug 09

"I dont see any great innovation or must have feature in Win 7 to persuade me to upgrade from Vista."

This might change your mind Zeppelyn: Windows 7 vs Windows Vista click here. G

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message