Windows Vista fate

zarobian 18:22 PM 03 Aug 09

In this forum my post dated 8/5/07 I wrote as under:-
"Will Vista meet the same fate as ME?"
Some of the members came very strong against it. What they now think about it in the light of Windows 7 launch?

Forum Editor 18:26 PM 03 Aug 09

from Speakers Corner.

zarobian 18:31 PM 03 Aug 09

Thanks for that.

OTT_Buzzard 09:57 AM 04 Aug 09

Unlike ME, I can't see users migrating in their millions from Vista to W7 for reasons other than wanting to upgrade.

Vista is, with the exception of a very small number of very highly publicised failings, a good operating system.

I suspect the real key for W7 will be attracting XP users.....if their hardware can handle it. That's a familiar sounding scenario!

Pine Man 10:33 AM 04 Aug 09

I agree Vista is very good indeed but I fall into your category of 'wanting to upgrade'. Made all the easier by the excellent pre-order price and, unbelievingly, that it is actually better than Vista!

zarobian 17:59 PM 04 Aug 09

Vista is no doubt a good os but people like innovations.

Strawballs 23:36 PM 04 Aug 09

will be attracting XP users.....if their hardware can handle it.

I am running Win7 on a 5yr old PC with a Sempron 2200+ and at first 750meg of ram which was a bit sluggish but it did it, I can't see it handle Vista like that. It now has a further 512meg of ram which did help.

Zeppelyn 14:27 PM 05 Aug 09

I dont see any great innovation or must have feature in Win 7 to persuade me to upgrade from Vista. I custom build so only buy a retail copy of OS but if Win 7 comes with next laptop I buy then fair enough.

orienne21 21:10 PM 11 Aug 09

Have used Vista for about six months now and I really like it.
I have ordered a copy of Windows 7 but will not be replacing Vista as yet. I'll probably continue with duel boot, as I am doing at the moment with the release candidate.

mooly 19:57 PM 13 Aug 09

Vista is an excellent OS by and large IMO.
Yes everyone whinged at the start... can't say I had any major issues though.
W7 is based on Vista isn't it ? Should be perfect then :)

GaT7 01:12 AM 14 Aug 09

"I dont see any great innovation or must have feature in Win 7 to persuade me to upgrade from Vista."

This might change your mind Zeppelyn: Windows 7 vs Windows Vista click here. G

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone