Windows vista crashed and computer not working

asif1 02:25 AM 09 Sep 12

Wilst browsing the net my computer suddenly crashed, so I restart it and when it's loaded it's stuck at the webpage it froze at. The webpage is the one telling me I'm not connected to the internet but like it's in full screen, I don't see any x button or minimise button or even the bottom of the screen where start is. So I restarted again but now It tells me windows failed to start and must install missing startup packages. After installing these packages when computer loads up it's back to the same webpage. I can only start and load up correctly in safe mode. I can't get anywhere in system restore as it tells me there is no saved restore points even though I know there is. Please help on this issue and all help will be greatly received.

chub_tor 18:10 PM 11 Sep 12

Please tell us more about the machine you are trying to fix - desktop, laptop, netbook, make model etc. Do you have a Vista installation disc? Did you make recovery discs when you got the machine?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…