Windows Vista BSOD Help Please

dennyboy1978 19:40 PM 11 Jan 13

Hi I have had a base unit with Vista business pro on and am having problems.

When i switch it on it logs on fine, and can do anything for about 3-4 mins and then a quick blue screen, and crash. It dosent reboot but I have to leave it 5 mins before Ican restart it. and the same thing happens.....

The BSOD is not on long enough to see the problem listing.

Any ideas?

dennyboy1978 20:16 PM 11 Jan 13

Just to add, there is no power going out to my monitor/mouse after the crash or if i start to reboot my compter straight away.

Dont hae a vista disk available, am waiting for one to be delivered.

any Ideas?

rdave13 20:17 PM 11 Jan 13

If it reboots after 5 mins then it could be overheating. Have you opened the case to check the cpu cooling fins for clogged up dust and general dust covering. I use a painter's brush and hold a vacuum cleaner nozzle close to remove any disturbed dust. Usual precautions to be used.

rdave13 20:20 PM 11 Jan 13

As above and check your GPU's fan. Just be careful how you sweep these fans/cooling fins and general area within the PC. Once removed of dust then put the side panel back on and see what happens after you boot up.

rdave13 20:22 PM 11 Jan 13

That should be an artist's brush, new and unused.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Book review: Hands-on with Microsoft's impressive first laptop (better yet, it's a tablet t)…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Walking Dead VFX: a look back from Seasons 1-6

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November