Windows update icon multiplying in tray.

Pravink 19 May 13

i am using windows 7.In tray in taskbar windows update iconkeeps multiplying to hundreds and thousands.If i move mouse cursor over an icon,it disappeared automatically.in order to make disappeared ,i move mouse cursor over those icons.I dont know whether it virus or malware,anyway someone please help me to wipe out these problems.

Forum Editor 19 May 13

Transferred to Windows 7 help from Tech Consumer Advice.

rdave13 19 May 13

Possibly a security software problem? For some reason blocking an update then windows update tries to update again.

Pravink 21 May 13

thank you for make me to understand about the problem.if possible please get me a solution to this..

lotvic 23 May 13
  rdave13 23 May 13

lotvic , that's a good find on the other post. I thought it might have been Norton up to its old tricks. Possibly try SAS portable in safe mode without internet. It might clear or at least disable the bug so Malwarebytes can be installed and run in normal mode.

http://www.superantispyware.com/portablescannerhome.html

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message