windows update errors 6B7 and 643

tazman9 21:02 05 Dec 13

The last 30 windows updates have failed with an error of 6B7 and an error of 643. I have googled the errors and tried at least 6 fixes-all without success. How do I fix this?

tazman9 18:39 06 Dec 13

I tried to download and install 1 at a time-I get an error that says "The installation of this package failed". Thanks for answering, however.

chub_tor 13:45 08 Dec 13

Have you tried running the Microsoft Update Fixit Tool?

chub_tor 13:49 08 Dec 13

Or an alternative solution is to Rename the "softwaredistribution" folder in C:/Windows as "softwaredistribution.old" and then run the System Update Readiness Tool Click Here

tazman9 17:44 09 Dec 13

I received an error when trying to download the Microsoft Update Fixit Tool. When I tried to rename the "softwaredistribution" folder in C:/Windows as "softwaredistribution.old", I received an error that said Destination Folder Access Denied.

chub_tor 18:31 09 Dec 13

Did you make sure to click on the Fixit Tool for Vista and Windows XP (ie the second one down)?

tazman9 15:31 10 Dec 13

I tried the Fixit Tool and this time it appeared to work, although the results were not great. (The only thing that I changed since I had last tried it was that I uninstalled Avira). Windows Update Publisher details

Issues found Problems installing recent updatesProblems installing recent updates Not fixed
Repair Windows Update Succeeded

Some security settings are missing or have been changedSome security settings are missing or have been changed Fixed
Reset security settings Succeeded

Check for missing or corrupt filesCheck for missing or corrupt files Fixed
Repair missing or corrupt files Succeeded

Service registration is missing or corruptService registration is missing or corrupt Fixed
Reset service registration Succeeded

Windows Update error 0x80070057(2013-12-10-T-101858A)Windows Update error 0x80070057(2013-12-10-T-101858A)

chub_tor 17:36 10 Dec 13

So can you download and install updates now or do you still get an error?

tazman9 20:02 12 Dec 13

I still get the same errors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…