Windows update error code c355

juedoc 01 Apr 13

I have windows 7 home premium, when I try to install system updates I get an error code c355. I have tried going into safe mode but cant get onto windows updates as internet doesnt work. Any ideas???

difarn 01 Apr 13

Do you mean that the internet is not working as a result of trying to install system updates? What were you trying to install? Usually c355 refers to a problem with a driver.

You could try restoring your pc to a time before you downloaded the updates and then try downloading them manually.

juedoc 01 Apr 13

No the internet does not work in safe mode but works in normal mode.

The update is internet explorer 9 for windows 7, it wont install it it just comes up with the error.

difarn 02 Apr 13

Try these suggestions from Microsoft...

1. Check system files

2. Reset Windows Update Components

3. Check that all of your drivers are up to date in Device Manager.

MikeS1956 12 Jun 13

If you select "Safe Mode With Networking" you will be able to connect to the internet as normal.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message