found this on another forum so thought i may help "I was getting an Update Error of 80245003. After digging around, I found a very helpful thread that resolve my issue immediately. It looks like I had some corruption in the update directory (or something similar). The stepts to resolve were very easy:"
Disable the Windows Update Service (Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services). Just stop the service.
Navigate to: C:/Windows/ (or whereever you Windows system is)
Find the folder named: “SoftwareDistribution”
Rename that folder to something like “SoftwareDistribution.old”
Create a new folder called “SoftwareDistribution”
Go back to your Services panel and start the Windows Update service
Rerun Windows Update
After doing those steps (which took all of 1-2 minutes), I was back up and running with WindowsUpdates.
Credits to this thread where I found the answer. Good luck!