Windows TEMP contains CDM folder

Pine Man 09:17 AM 12 Jun 11
Answered

In my Windows TEMP folder I have noticed a new folder named CDM. This folder contains another folder named PList, which contains 107 files named PList0 upto PList106.

The CDM folder can be deleted but will eventually reappear.

Anybody any idea what causes this?

chub_tor 20:34 PM 12 Jun 11

PL files in the Temp folder sound as if they may be Play Lists but I'm not sure what CDM may be. A media player perhaps?

Pine Man 09:19 AM 13 Jun 11

Chub_tor

Thanks for your response.

The PList files are 'Setup Information' files. I have opened one and the contents should appear below. It seems to be something to do with printing as all 107 have the name of a printer and they are in alphabetical order starting with the one that is printed here:-

[Version] Signature="$Windows NT$" Provider=%PRTPROV% ClassGUID={4D36E979-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} Class=Printer CatalogFile=webntprn.cat

[ClassInstall32.NT] AddReg=printerclassaddreg

[printerclassaddreg] HKR,,,,%%PrinterClassName%% HKR,,Icon,,"-4" HKR,,Installer32,,"ntprint.dll,ClassInstall32" HKR,,NoDisplayClass,,1 HKR,,EnumPropPages32,,"printui.dll,PrinterPropPageProvider"

[Strings] PrinterClassName="Printer" PRTPROV="Aficio"

[Manufacturer] "Aficio"="Aficio" [Aficio] "Aficio BP20 Series PCL 6"=InstallSection,"LPTENUM\AFICIOBP206298"

chub_tor 16:55 PM 13 Jun 11
Answer

All I can gather from that is that you have a Ricoh Aficio Laser printer model BP20 which is not a lot of help to you. But as the files are in the Temp folder and seem to be small text files they are not doing any harm and will be cleared out regularly when you run CCleaner for example or Windows own clean up utility.

Pine Man 14:00 PM 16 Jun 11

Good old CCleaner:-)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay