Windows Store and App Issues

wescliff 12:31 02 May 15

Had a Windows 8 desktop for about a month. Just realised that the Store and certain apps are not working (Video, Music & Games), but the camera does work. All I get is a message that the app failed to open and I'm back where I started. Have tried the App Fixer without success. While some issues get fixed it always reports that Windows Store cache may be damaged and Windows Store configuration may be damaged. Am now stuck. is there a way to remove and reinstall the Store. I can remove the Apps, but without the Store cannot re-install them. I have laptop also running Win 8.1 that has no problems. Could anything be copied from this. Not worth a reinstall for, but would like to fix it. It did work because I downloaded the JigSaw game. Grateful for any help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:37 02 May 15

reset windows store cache

Go to the Start Screen or the Windows Modern UI screen

Type in WSReset.exe

Click on Run as administrator

Windows Store will open and you’ll get a conformation message saying that:

The cache for the Store was cleared. You should now beable to browse the Store for apps.

if not then type sfc /scannow

let windows find and replace missing or corrupt file (this will take awhile to complete)

wescliff 16:27 02 May 15

Thanks Fruit Bat, will have a go. Have to leave it till tomorrow now. I had wondered if SFC would work with this, but will try the reset first.

rdave13 21:18 02 May 15

If that fails run CMD as admin and run the command sown here.

wescliff 23:54 02 May 15

Looked that already, seemed a bit daunting, but will try if I have to. The reset didn't work, pick it up again tomorrow. I've had Win8 on my laptop for a year and have never used anything on the Start screen. So it's not vital. Just don't like it when something doesn't work. Thanks.

rdave13 12:05 03 May 15

Just right click the start icon on bottom left of the desktop and select Command Prompt (admin). Once opened copy and paste this command,

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML

Press enter. Once run then close CMD. Reboot for good measure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017