Windows & SP1 released.

gengiscant 10:00 15 Jan 11
  gengiscant 10:00 15 Jan 11

& should be 7,

jjss 11:03 15 Jan 11

I downloaded this a couple of days again. Did a clean install of Win7 and then ran the sp1. The sad news is that it marks your desktop with "Evaluation Copy 7600". I have a retail boxed copy of Win7 Pro. The good news is that it is easy to uninstall via control panel. Conclusion? Wait until it's offered through Win Updates.

Jack

jjss 11:04 15 Jan 11

error... for "again" read "ago".

john bunyan 12:07 15 Jan 11

"Conclusion? Wait until it's offered through Win Updates"
I quite agree. I am grateful to those who try out beta versions and the like but the improvements are usually marginal and I do not want to spend even more time "fiddling under the bonnet" of my PC. It's bad enough, says my wife, how long I spend on AV, Malware updates and scans plus ATI imaging and clones!

jjss 12:39 15 Jan 11

If you read throught these faq's click here , you will see that the avalible sp1 has a "time bomb" that starts Aug 30 2011.(fourth question from the bottom).

Jack

a member 21:44 15 Jan 11

that version is the release candidate ,the version just leaked is genuine windows sp1 RTM and has no time bomb.
microsoft themselves are expected to issue it through windows update within a few days .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…