WINDOWS REINSTALATION PROBLEMS

indigo194 12:53 PM 28 Nov 12

I have a HP Compaq 610 on Windows XP, 64bit, and I decided to wipe the hard drive clean before reinstalling Windows. However, after cleaning the drive, I am booting from the CD and after installing the first part, it stops at the point where Windows would have to start installing and I get the blue screen, and the common error message "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer." 0x0000007B(0xF7A2652C, C0000034). I have run a test on the hard drive and the memory, and it's all in perfect order, so any ideas what might go wrong here?????

lotvic 13:14 PM 28 Nov 12

That would seem to be XP not having the drivers for SATA harddrive.

indigo194 13:56 PM 28 Nov 12

thanks, so how do i find them?????? i have used this installation disk before, and it had all the drivers somehow

lotvic 15:30 PM 28 Nov 12

You could try this, seems to work for most people:

In the bios: Go to "SATA Operation"

Change this from "RAID Auto/AHCI" to "RAID Auto/ATA"

Changing this from "RAID Auto/AHCI" to "RAID Auto/ATA" will turn off the high-performance features of the controller and put it into compatibility mode.

-or if it had previously worked no prob, it possibly could be a speck of dirt on your XP install CD so try cleaning it gently.

fingers crossed ;-) (not while you are cleaning the cd ;-))

indigo194 15:35 PM 28 Nov 12

thanks, but I have got into bios but have no option for SATA or RAID....not sure why????????????

lotvic 17:39 PM 28 Nov 12

What version bios do you have? Just google for:

bios: Go to "SATA Operation"

and find yours and the instructions will be there.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone