Windows Media Player 12 - Problems?

kwil2 06:48 AM 01 Aug 11

Hello... I'm new to Windows 7 and I'd appreciate some help with Windows Media Player 12. Problem 1: I was experimenting with adding tracks to burn without actually completing the process of burning. Now, whenever I logon, a balloon notification pops up saying I've two tracks to burn. When I open WMP12, under 'Unknown' the two tracks are there. These were certainly on the CD I was experimenting with. However, when I right-click>Delete, they simply won't delete Advice please? Problem 2: maximising the WMP12 window? I've right-clicked the icon>Run as maximised etc But it's simply not holding this command and always opens up in a small window, meaning I always have to maximise it! I'm clearly missing some trick here, so could anyone advise? Many thanks

rdave13 11:13 AM 01 Aug 11

To remove the bubble then open Windows Explorer and navigate to: C:\Users{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder. Delete what's in the folder.

As for opening then open WMP and maximize it. Press and hold the SHIFT key while clicking on the X in the red box at top right. Hopefully WMP will then open maximized.

kwil2 18:14 PM 01 Aug 11

Hi rdave...thanks for taking time to reply. Followed your instructions and the bubble's now gone. However, when I go into WMP12, the two tracks are still there under 'Unknown' and still won't delete. Under 'Burn' the option 'Clear List' is greyed out. There must be something simple here a newbie like me is missing. Any further suggestions? Regards

rdave13 10:16 AM 02 Aug 11

I've found this, though I've not tried it, and you'll lose your lists I should imagine, reset WMP to default settings.

If you haven't many albums listed then worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11