Windows Mail Username & Password Requests

BigHenry 17:40 26 Nov 07

I am using Vista and now for no reason everytime I want to send or receive emails I am asked for my username and password. It will send emails after I have cancelled these but I have to go through the process to receive and - yes- it takes me back to the username and password requests in a vicious circle. Thankfull I can access them on line but it is only a stopgap as it is a real pain. Can anyone help please?
Thanks

anskyber 17:43 26 Nov 07

Has this always happened or just recently?

mobileman1953 18:01 26 Nov 07

started happening to me as well could not sort it sorry so i downloaded thunderbird and use it as my mail client no problems

anskyber 22:41 26 Nov 07

Reply by email,
2I have had Windows Mail since the middle of October with Vista on a new PC. I have been using this without any problems until last Friday when it came up with the requirement to put in my Password and my Username to login to pop3.blueyonder.co.uk. Even when I do this it still does not work as when I then go to send/receive it asks it again. I hope this helps you to solve my problem. I am grateful for your help and interest. Ron"

I'm a little lost on this one. I did many months ago have a similar experience and I did a system restore which cleared it. If you choose to do a SR choose a date before the event. I found that SR can take 30-40 mins so do not be concerned.

Ronnie268 17:03 27 Nov 07

I had this problem but it cleared itself up after I installed a fix from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…