Windows Mail 'unable to choose recipients'

Maxe 14:16 24 Jul 07

Hi - we recently purchased a new machine with Vista installed therefore had to change from using Outlook 2000 to Windows Mail. Apart from being slow it was working OK, but suddenly my colleague has been unable to select contacts from the address book when creating a new message. If you start to type the recipients name/address it will usually find it but if you click on the 'To' box it comes up with an error message 'unable to choose recipients'. If you access the address book they are all in there, but just can't be selected this way. If you have any suggestions as to what could be done to remedy this that will be much appreciated. Thanks

Pine Man 13:09 25 Jul 07

I have just checked my Windows Mail.

As far as I can make out the only way to insert an address from your contacts list in new message is to click on the 'To' or 'Cc' box and select the one you want.

If you click on the address space and start to type a name it will only give you the options of those you have already used before and have been retained in memory like a search engine.

I stand to be corrected but wasn't that the way XP worked?

Maxe 13:20 25 Jul 07

Thanks Pine Man - sorry I might not have made it clear - the problem was that the 'To' and 'CC' boxes themselves were not working, and this was when the error message displayed. I've literally just tried a suggestion I found on another forum from people having the same problem and it's done the job - the KB933928 Windows update was the problem. I've removed it and it works fine again. Thanks again.

Pine Man 14:44 25 Jul 07

Good news!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…